Regional environmental challenges in the Pannonian basin
Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 20-22 June 2022
The workshop is organized under the framework of the research project Redefining agro-climatic suitability zones for maize and winter wheat crops towards a smart climate change-oriented agriculture in Romania (AGROCLIMRO) financed by the Executive Unit for the Financing of Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation (UEFISCDI) in Romania.
It is organized by the Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Geography, Research Centre for Sustainable Development in partnership with the University of Agriculture Sciences and Veterinary Medicine in Cluj-Napoca, INDECO Soft and the PannEx consortium network.
The working language during the workshop will be English
The coffee breaks, official dinner and lunch on May 21st will be covered by the organizers.
Venue of the workshop
Faculty of Geography building, 5-7, Clinicilor Street, 400006, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
How to arrive
PannEx (Pannonian Basin Experiment) is a Regional Hydroclimate Network of the Global Energy and Water Exchanges project (GEWEX) which aims to achieve a better understanding of the Earth system components and their interactions in the Pannonian Basin. The international efforts involve the international research community in an integrated approach towards identifying and increasing adaptation capacity in the face of climate change in the Pannonian Basin.
The 6th workshop is dedicated to introduce the ongoing and planned research on climate change in extreme weather events and adaptation, and to discuss the cooperation possibilities for research projects. The workshop is intended to strengthen & organize the work of the PannEx Task Teams and develop a new iteration of the Science and Implementation Plan. More details are available in the White Book at: https://www.wcrp-climate.org/WCRP-publications/2019/WCRP-Report-No3-2019-PannEx-WB.pdf
The workshop is organized as a side meeting of the workshop Climate Service for a Sustainable Agriculture organized within the framework of the research project AGROCLIMRO (www.agroclim.ro).
Topics of the 6th workshop follow the structure of the PannEx Task Teams and include
- Agroclimatological and Agrobiological Systems;
- Energy Production;
- Special Observations and Data Analysis;
- Ecosystem Services;
- Urban Climate and Air Quality; Outreach and Education; Micrometeorology and Agronomical Process Modelling;
- Water Balance at Basin Scale;
- Modelling from Climate to Flash Floods.
The workshop is open for experienced and young researchers, experts and decision makers involved in climate change adaptation.
Registration is free, but the number of participants is limited to 40.
Location: Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Geography, Cluj-Napoca, Romania (http://geografie.ubbcluj.ro).
Call for abstracts
Registration can be made using online registration form: https://forms.gle/9WqEpaMvTvV6UEHGA before 29th of May, 2022.
Authors will be informed about the acceptance of the presentation by the International Organizing Committee in mid-May.
Accepted abstracts will be published in an Abstract e-book.
- Mónika Lakatos – OMSZ, Hungary
- Danijel Jug – University of J.J.Strossmayer in Osijek, Croatia
- Branka Ivančan-Picek – DHMZ, Croatia
- Adina-Eliza Croitoru – Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Ivan Güttler – DHMZ, Croatia
- Vladimir Djurdjevic – University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Tamás Weidinger – Eötvös Loránd University at Budapest, Hungary
- Andrej Ceglar
- Joan Cuxart – University of the Balearic Islands, Palma, Mallorca, Spain
- Csaba Horvath – Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
Local Organizing Committee